I recently found this website from TIME magazine entitled “80 Days that Changed the World.” This is really the web version of the book, with the same title. [Link]. It seems to me that this would be a fabulous resource to complement United Streaming. For instance, students can surf through the 80 days to identify a specific event, then use United Streaming media to develop a project around this event.
For fun, I identified a handful of science-specific events, then search United Streaming for related content. Here are the results:
- Discovery of Penicillin (3 full videos, 43 articles, 8 events)
- The Atomic Bomb (12 full videos, 29 images, 70 articles, 12 events)
- DNA: The Double Helix (40 full videos, 11 images, 80 articles, 2 quizzes, 10 events, 3 lesson plans)
- Birth Control Pill (2 full videos, 10 articles, 1 event)
- DDT and Silent Spring (2 full videos, 1 image, 15 articles, 1 event)
What are some other sites that people have found that might complement United Streaming in a similar fashion?